Small Businesses to Support During Quarantine in San Antonio | Sara Welburn Photography
I've seen a lot of people lately asking how they can support small businesses during this crazy COVID-19 quarantine and Y'ALL! It's touched my heart. As a small business owner myself I know that the struggle right now is REAL. There is a lot of fear in having to close your doors, turn away clients, cancel orders. For most small business owners, this is it. This is how they provide for their families. And they usually operate on a week to week, day to day basis. Losing even a day's worth of business can set you back horrendously. Not to mention a week. Or two. Or three.
So first off I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you out there wanting to support our small little local businesses. Choosing to spend your money with one of us instead of a big chain could mean the difference between staying open another day or closing for good.
Lots of places on this list are still operating on a basic level (curbside pick up, etc.) but some have had to close their doors until the quarantine has passed. No matter what level they're operating at, ALL businesses can benefit from you buying giftcards! Some have online shops you can still order from, too. Others have instructions on their Facebook page on how you can help their individual business.
No matter how you choose to help... THANK YOU. From all small business owners everywhere. ❤
1. Parker Creek Ranch - they have home delivery every Wednesday inside the 1604 loop!!
2. Pearl's Farmer Market - All of the small businesses that usually sell a lot during the farmer's market on Saturdays are banding together and doing curbside pickup! Put in an order on a Friday and pick it up the next Friday at the Pearl.
3. The Farm Connection - Your "one stop farm shop"! They're a buying club that sources high quality products that you can pick-up from one location, instead of driving to each farm or spending precious weekend hours at a Farmer's Market. They're not currently accepting new members, but they will be soon so get your name on the awaiting list!!
4. Whiskey Cake - While technically a restaurant, they're selling "survival kits" with fresh groceries and helping you know how to make their meals at home!
Restaurants (sweet then savory)
1.. South Alamode - aaaaaaamazing gelato place in BLue Star Arts complex. They're doing curbside pickup of pints or regular sizes of gelato and some lunch and dinner options. (P.S- they have NUTELLA gelato now! What are you waiting for?!!?)
2. That Cookie Tho Bakery - Think Crumbl or Chip if you've ever been to Utah. They say they're not a small business, they're a tiny business, so every single order counts!!
3. Chocollazo - This place is the BOMB! Super yummy sweets. They're closed for now, but you can still buy gift cards online for a great family outing or date night once this craziness is over!
4. Bird Bakery - Delicious sandwiches and sweets! They had to close their doors, but giftcards are still available in their online shop!
5. Popcorn Friday - Over 40 flavors of gourmet popcorn!! They ship or you can request pickup online.
5. Burgerteca/Fruteria - Both restaurants are owned by Chef Johnny Hernandez and are offering curbside pickup!!
8. Press Coffee - Order straight from the curb or schedule a pickup. They use local suppliers and bakeries so you're supporting multiple local businesses with your one order!
9. Rosella Coffee - A local coffee shop that's had to close their physical doors. But you can still purchase giftcards so you can get some of their amazing breakfast or toasts (sourdough avocado toast with lemon olive oil and cumin anyone?)
10. Teka Molina - Texmex restaurant that you can still get takeout at or buy giftcards!
11. Julian's Italian Pizzeria - They're offering pizza kits either curbside or to go from all three locations! Making your own delicious pizzas at home is a great way to keep people (kids) entertained!
13. Taquitos West Ave. - If you want authentic street tacos, THIS IS THE PLACE!!
14. Demos Greek Food- We went here for my birthday last year as it was fantastic!! They're offering curbside service at all three of their SA locations.
1. EnergyX Fitness - they have live streaming classes, pre-recorded free classes, and you can buy giftcards!
2. Total Harmony Yoga - buy a virtual yoga pass and attend their online classes!
3. Method Wellness and Physical Therapy - Another yoga studio that is doing their classes virtually through Zoom.
4. Zumba with Noemi - Classes are at done through Zoom at 7pm on Monday-Friday and 9pm on Saturday. Classes are only $3 each! Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/4121646244
5. Remuda Ranch Counseling Services - He is offering Zoom (video) counseling sessions to help during this stressful time. He takes most insurances and he is offering a discounted rate for uninsured individuals.
1. Jazz, TX - San Antonio's very own underground live jazz club with a rockin' restaurant. This is one of mine and Kyle's FAVE date night spots. They're closed right now (obvi) but you can still buy giftcards for an awesome date night when they reopen!!! We already have :)
2. Feliz Modern - This is a gift shop that sells a lot of boutique style gifts, greeting cards (so cute!), gift wrap and gift box items, party supplies and tons more!!
3. Brie Here Now - They're a "a Central Texas-based food and culture experience focused on mindful living through the lens of artisanal cheese and slow food culture". You can follow them on Instagram and buy their new eBook that just release all about intentionally connecting with loved ones through decadent food!
4. San Antonio Zoo - The zoo is in desperate need of funds for the animals!! They are pleading for donations or for people to purchase annual passes!
5. The Doseum - The Doseum is an interactive children's museum with an emphasis on learning through play! Like the Zoo, the Doseum is a non-profit that depends a lot on ticket sales. You can still purchase memberships and tickets or make a donation to help make sure they can continue to serve children all over South Texas!
6. The Printed Meeple - A locally owned and operated board game shop that opened in November! You can still purchase games (and pick them up curbside) or even have them make you something with their awesome (and frequently sanitized) 3D printer!
7. The Might Kind - A magazine that promotes kindness is kids! "Each issue of Mighty Kind celebrates the role of kindness in bringing the world closer together and empowers kids to get out in the world and be kind." Check out their online shop for their magazine (duh) and activity pages and greeting cards!
1. PAWsitively Sweet Bakery - They make these healthy pet treats that Happy just LOVES! They usually sell them online and at the Pearl's Farmers Market. So head on over to their website to keep your dog entertained so you don't go insane during quarantine 😂
2. Pup Pup + Away - They're not offering boarding right now, but they're still doing dog walks for those of you who are still working (which we are SO appreciative of!). She's also doing free training on her Instagram stories!
3. Lucy's Doggy Daycare - We LOVE Lucy's for boarding and grooming Happy! They always treat him the way I would treat him - with tons of love and treats! They've had to close their doors at all locations, but you should totally check out the cool shirts they're selling right now or their GoFundMe to help continue to pay their staff!
1..Styleberry Creative Interiors - An Interior design company that is offering E-services at HALF their normal price to help you love the home you're stuck in. They'll help you refresh and re-design your home or get started on a home project one-on-one online.
2. Warrior Pest Control - A small veteran owned and operated company. Pest control is an essential service so if you have critters around, you can still call!
3. Tex Star Power - Electricians are still open because they're classified as essential as well!
4. HTC Services - "We specialize in additions, remodels, and basic home repairs. HVAC, electrical, plumbing... you name it we can take care of of it! HTC = Your Hometown Co."
This is not a comprehensive list of small businesses in San Antonio that need your help AT ALL! Not by a long shot. But it's a great starting point! We are incredibly lucky to have sop many small businesses in San Antonio; they help contribute to our "small city, big town" feel here in SA. They're what make the Pearl and Southtown some of our favorites spots in the city.
I can't even imagine what San Antonio would be like without them.